Finding the right Wedding Venue is key to your day, you need it to fit into your budget, feel and theme of the day and have the important factors that you both want!
Make sure you both know what kind of wedding you want – formal, more informal, barn, marquee, outdoor, contemporary, modern etc… before you start looking at venues on the internet as it can get quite mind boggling!
There are so many online sites that can help you in your search for a wedding venue as list below but make sure that you do ask people that you are close too also as they might already know the perfect venue for you already!
When you are looking for your venue these are some of the questions you need to be asking:-
- Is the venue available on the required date?
- Is your venue easy to find?
- What is included in the cost of hire? What isn’t included in the cost of hire?
- Is the venue licensed to carry out civil weddings?
- Will it be ours? The only wedding on that date?
- How many people can it accommodate?
- How many car parking spaces are available?
- Do you allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
- Do you allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
- Do you allow professional firework displays?
- Do you offer the option of a marquee?
- Are there separate rooms provided for the wedding, reception, meal, evening reception?
- Is there a dressing room that the bride and bridesmaids can use during the day?
- Can we have access to the reception room to see and arrange the decorations and table layouts before the wedding day ?
- Do you require us to use your DJ/Sound? If not when are we require to have this set up by? what time does this need to be finished by?
- Is there an area that can be used for children activites?
- Are rooms available for overnight accommodation and how many? Cost? Breakfast? Time of departure?
- Do you have a Public Address (PA) System for speeches?
- What photographic locations are there that you would recommend?
- Any recommendations of suppliers for your venue that you have seen or used before?